Finding an accurate and reliable diagnostic scan tool can be challenging. There are lots of models and brands being offered on the market. Some of you have no time for researching the different code readers, and that’s why we have come up with this Innova scan tool reviews.
Finding the best obd2 scanner brands isn’t easy. Innova is considered one of the best brand on the market. They have some popular models which are top selling from last decade. They are improving and updating each model almost every year. They have different tools that suit the needs of different users. Whether you are a beginner, average or professional mechanic, you will find a tool that meets your needs.
Best Innova scanner comparison chart
|Images||Innova Scanners Name||Weight||Product Dimensions|
|INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS for OBD2 Vehicles|
|6.4 ounces||10 x 6.5 x 2 inches|
|Innova 3160g Code Reader/Scan Tool with 3.5" Display, ABS, SRS, Bluetooth, and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles|
|1.23pounds||10.2 x 8.2 x 1.5 inches|
|Check Price||INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS and Battery Backup for OBD2 Vehicles|
|2 pounds||12 x 8.5 x 2.5 inches|
|Check Price||INNOVA 3040 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles|
|4 ounces||7.5 x 1.6 x 10.7 inches|
|Check Price||INNOVA 3120 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader for OBD1 and OBD2 Vehicles|
|2 pounds||2.5 x 15 x 10.5 inches|
|Check Price||INNOVA 3140 OBD2/OBD1 Scan Tool with OBD2 Live Data|
|4 pounds||15 x 3 x 10.2 inches|
|Check Price||INNOVA 3150 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS/SRS for OBD2 Vehicles|
|1.8 pounds||7.4 x 2.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Check Price||INNOVA 3130c Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with Fix Assist for OBD2 Vehicles|
|1 pounds||11.2 x 8 x 2.9 inches|
|Check Price||Innova 31603 CarScan + ABS/SRS Scan Tool|
|2.8 pounds||11 x 8 x 3 inches|
Top 9 Innova Scan Tool Reviews 2018
After going through different sites and sources, we have come up with the best 9 Innova diagnostic scan tool. These are as follows:
Innova 3030 diagnostic scan tool
It is the cheapest on our list and will perform the most basic functions. Simply plug it into the connector under the dashboard and read the error codes.
- It is upgradeable
- It is compatible with 1996 and newer car, light truck, SUV, minivan, or hybrid – foreign or domestic for check engine light.
- It automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle
- Easy to use with the patented all-in-one backlit display that shows 25 vital pieces of data at a time.
- Great price
- It does not have a battery backup and thus needs the vehicle to be on to work.
- Perform just a few functions as it cannot be used to check ABS or SRS
Innova 3160 diagnostic scan tool
First of all, this versatile code reader provides SAE enhanced live data and has an easy to use interface. The large backlit screen allows the user to read and erase error codes in bright light or dimly ligt places. It is also well built and has battery backup.
- It has USB tool for updates and upgrades
- Easy to use display with multilingual menu
- Provides accurate and quick results
- It diagnoses ABS codes and retrieves OEM enhanced and also transmission DTCs
- Compatible with 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, minivans, SUVs, and hybrid vehicles with the inclusion of CAN.
- Ensure that it is compatible with your car before buying as some users have complained about compatibility issues.
Innova 3100 code reader with ABS for OBD II cars
The Innova 3100 scan tool is another middle-level code reader for those who want a quick and accurate code reader. It has several great features at an amazing price. It can read ABS but not SRS codes.
- Easy to read and erase error codes with the backlit LCD screen
- Compatible with 1996 and newer car, light truck, or SUV
- Automatically refreshes data after every 30 seconds when connected to the car making the repair to be easy.
- Quickly identifies the cause of the check engine light
- Has a battery backup memory option that provides off-car review and analysis
- Solid construction
- Not compatible with OBD 1 vehicles
- Doesn’t read and erase SRS light.
Innova 3040 code reader with live data for OBD2 vehicles
The Innova 3040 code reader with live data for OBD2 cars is suitable for people who want a scanner that is compatible with different cars at a lower cost. Let’s say if you have a ford and another GM car, get this code reader to read and erase the light from your cars. It is compatible with 1996 and newer light trucks, cars, SUV, and minivan.
- The screen is easy to use with a multilingual menu in English, Spanish, and French.
- It automatically refreshes data after every 30 seconds when you connect it to your car for easy repair
- It is able to view OBD2 live and freeze frame data
- It doesn’t perform all functions such as recording live data
- Has compatibility issues with some vehicles
Innova 3120 diagnostic code reader for OBD1/OBD2 Vehicles
If you are a mechanic or have a repair shop, the Innova 3120 scan tool will prove to be of great help to you. This is because it is able to cover a wide range of vehicles which are OBD1 and OBD2 compatible. Also, it can perform various functions.
- Created to retrieve the OEM enhanced transmission diagnostic codes in all OBD II – 1996 and newer, and some of the most popular OBD I – 1981 to 1995 vehicles.
- Has a patented all-in-one backlit display for showing diagnostic outputs.
- It makes verifying of repairs to be simple as it refreshes data automatically after every 3 seconds when connected to the car.
- It has compatibility issues and you should check before buying
Innova 3140 OBD II/OBD 1 scan tool
With a wide range of features, the Innova 3140 scan tool is another quality scanner ideal for use by both beginners and startup mechanics and technicians. It is well built and compact in design. The backlit LCD display comes with a multilingual menu for easy use. This device will help you to perform various functions and you will love it. It is worth the price.
- Provides off-car review and analysis with the battery backup memory
- Compatible with all OBD2 vehicles manufactured from 1996 and newer
- It has an easy to use interface with a multilingual menu
- It offers SAE enhanced live data
- It is upgradeable
- Make sure that your vehicle is supported as it is not compatible with all the car makes and models stated.
Innova 3150 code reader
The powerful Innova 3150 code reader is another reliable and sturdy scan tool from Innova. Apart from the Innova 3160 scan tool, this is a great device for professionals who heavily rely on accurate scan tools to repair different vehicle models and brands. It has lots of features to offer and performs various functions.
- It retrieves OBD II DTCs
- It quickly and accurately determines the cause of check engine light
- Has a carry pouch for easy and safe storage as you travel
- Compatible with most 1996 and newer GM, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, and Toyota vehicles
- Offers off-car review and analysis with battery backup memory
- It has a problem reading ABS and SRS codes
- Check for compatibility issues before buying
Innova 3130c diagnostic scan tool
This is another good entry level diagnostic code reader from Innova. But unlike the other entry level code readers that we’ve discussed on this list, this one has more features and it is more reliable in providing accurate results.
- Quickly reads and erases check engine light
- Can be updated or upgraded
- Comes with Fix Assist technology
- Lets you know if you will pass the smog test
- Easy to carry and use
- Compatible with 1996 and newer vehicles
- Poor customer service as most of the clients didn’t get a solution to their problems.
Innova 31603 CarScan plus ABS/SRS Scanner
The Innova 31603 code reader does a great job of reading ABS and SRS codes. It is easy to use as it comes with a large backlit screen. Also, it has a memory backup for off-car review and analysis. The touchscreen device provides quick and accurate diagnostic results. If you don’t want the Innova 3160, then you can get this scan tool.
- Easy to use interface
- Backlit LCD display for reading in poorly lit areas
- Connects to all OBD2 protocols with CAN included for removing the check engine light
- Reads and erases ABS and SRS codes
- Displays, records, and playback live data graphing
- Compatible with most popular 1996 and newer Ford, GM, Honda, Chrysler, and Toyota vehicles
- Check and ensure that it supports your car as many people have complained about compatibility issues.
With information on the different Innova scan tools, you can now go ahead and make a decision by selecting a scanner that is within your budget and meets your demands. For DIY enthusiasts, they should embrace the Innova 3030 diagnostic code reader, which is a bit basic and is fairly priced. If you are a startup mechanic, the Innova 3130c is a wonderful device to have as it performs various functions which will help you learn better. And finally, for professionals and for commercial use, the Innova 3160 or Innova 31603 diagnostic scan tool is very versatile and will help to perform various functions. Choose a device that you think is best for your needs and car.