Driving your car while the check engine light is on can be extremely dangerous as you might be having a bigger issue than you think. Always ensure that you have your car inspected before you proceed on with your journey. That’s why every motorist needs to have their own scan tool so that they can diagnose their vehicle wherever they are, even if it’s far from their mechanic. A scanner lets you know what the problem is before taking your car to the repair shop. And Innova 3040 obd2 scan tool can do that for you. Read this Innova 3040 review to know more about this scanner.
Our Recommended 2 Best Innova 3040 comparison table:
|Images||Launch OBD2 Scanners||Works|
|Update VersionCheck Price||Innova Color Screen Light 3040e Diagnostic Code Reader/Scan Tool with ABS, Live Data and Oil Reset for OBD2 Vehicles||All 1996 and newer car|
|Old VersionCheck Price||INNOVA 3040 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles||1996 and newer car|
Technical Features of the Innova 3040 Scan Tool(Upgraded 3040e)
|Works:||most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|Diagnose and erase Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) codes:||Yes|
|Live Data Graphing:||Yes|
|Oil Light Reset:||Yes|
|Update Option:||Always Free updates|
|Item Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions:||10.6 x 7.5 x 1.8 inches|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Old and Latest Version of Innova 3040 review
In this Innova 3040 review post, we are going to discuss one of the notable Innova scan tools. This is the Innova 3040 diagnostic car scanner. The 3040 model has a number of code readers, but we will discuss the Innova 3040 and Innova 3040e.
Innova 3040 diagnostic scan tool(First Release)
The Innova 3040 code reader is a simple, reliable, and affordable code reader. It will help a motorist, DIY enthusiast or professional know why the check engine light is on. It views OBD2 live data as well as freeze frame data. Use it on any 1996 and newer light truck, car, SUV or minivan. Also, know if your car qualifies for an emissions test. The device has a USB for internet updating and upgrading of software. With the all-in-one patented colored screen, you will see all the results in both well lit and poorly lit areas.
- Live data for OBD2 vehicles
- Internet USB updateable and upgradeable
- View OBD II live data as well as freeze frame data
- Multilingual on-screen definitions and interface
- Large colored LCD screen with backlit
- Easy to use interface
- Functions with all 1996 and newer car, light truck, minivan and SUV
- It is sturdily made to defy the hardships that mechanics and technicians undergo in work areas
- It is easy to use with clear buttons and large colored LCD screen for easy display of info
- One can change the menu to either French or Spanish from English for easy understanding
- It performs various functions such as scanning, reading and erasing fault codes
- The code reader is compatible with any 1996 and newer car, minivan, SUV, and light truck
- When connected to your car, the device automatically refreshes every 30 seconds.
- It is compact in design and very easy to handle and keep away
- It takes a lot of time to connect to the computer
Innova 3040e diagnostic code reader(Last Release)
This is an improved model of the 3040 code reader. You can do a battery or alternator test, oil reset, stream real-time data and graph up, and diagnose and erase ABS with it. These and many other functions make this to be an ideal tool for mechanics, car repair guys, technicians as well as DIYers. The code reader is affordable, reliable, and very easy to use.
- Battery/alternator test
- Diagnose and erase anti-lock braking system
- Stream real-time data and graph up to two parameters
- Large color LCD with backlit
- DTC severity
- Free lifetime updates via USB
- Oil light reset
- Live data graphing
- Compatible with most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles
- The device is compact in design for easy use and storage
- It has the ability to read and erase ABS light error codes for most Ford, GM, Toyota, Chrysler, and Honda vehicles.
- It allows you to reset the oil light on most 1996 and latest OBD II vehicles
- The Innova 3040e scan tool is able to perform a battery or alternator test
- It is compatible with most 1996 and latest OBD 2 vehicles
- The large LCD screen provides easy to read results and it is backlit for all light conditions
- This code reader can be used for ages as it can be updated or upgraded
- Check for compatibility before buying as it is not compatible with all the cars it says it is.
The Innova 3040e is an advanced model of the Innova 3040. The 3040e scan tool is more sleek and compact than the 3040 model. Also, the Innova 3040e diagnostic car scan tool is able to perform an oil light reset, while the Innova 3040 code reader cannot. Apart from this, these two perform similar functions, but the 3040e is more accurate and slightly advanced than the 3040 diagnostic code reader.
Innova 3040c review
The Innova 3040c version isn’t available now.
The Innova 3040 code reader is an entry-level code reader that is easy to use and compact in design. The two code readers that we have discussed above are easy to use with a large screen display, are affordable, and will let you know why the check engine light is on. So, they are great for DIY enthusiasts and startup technicians. But if you are looking for something versatile, then you should search for more advanced models. You can check this obd2 scanner reviews for that.