Innova is one of the oldest obd2 scan tool brands on the market. It has been in this field from 1990 to date. The brand works around the clock to make automotive repairs easy, efficient, affordable, and accurate. It is compatible with different types of car brands and models. They are well know for their quality products. In this Innova 3160 review, we will look at the Innova 3160 scan tools.
The Innova 3160 Review(Old to Latest model)
We’ve selected 3 different code readers in this series. They include the 3160 scanner, 3160e code reader, and 3160g diagnostic scan tool.
Innova 3160 diagnostic scan tool
This is a compactly designed and simple to use code reader. It has a large colored display screen for easy reading of results even in the dark. Also, it is very easy to use and has a multilingual menu to suit different people. With its great compatibility and manufacturer’s one year warranty, this is a great scan tool for Technicians and Mechanics.
- Large display screen
- Diagnoses ABS and SRS code
- Live data for OBDII vehicles
- Softouch storage pouch
- USB cable for updating and upgrading the scanner
- Compatible with 1996 and newer cars, minivans, light trucks, and SUVs – foreign and domestic
- It comes with a simple soft pouch for easy storage of the code reader
- It works on a wide range of vehicles manufactured from 1996 and newer – both foreign and domestic.
- It has a large colored display screen for showing the results
- It has the ability to turn off check engine light, SRS, and ABS lights
- Shows freeze frame data for obd2 vehicles
- It as well provides SAE enhanced live data and plays back live PCM data streams on screen.
Innova 3160e code reader
Not only is the Innova 3160e scan tool advanced, but it also provides accurate and quick results. Unlike the 3160 and 3160g code readers, this one is sleekly designed and fits perfectly in your hand. Thus, you will have an easier time using the scan tool. The sophisticated features and accessories that it comes with make it be better suited for professional technicians and mechanics. One of the unique features it performs is the battery/alternator test. Also, you can use English, French or Spanish. All the outcomes are displayed on the large LCD screen for easy interpretation.
- Streams and records real-time live data
- Reads and erases ABS and SRS light
- Oil and battery reset
- Live data
- Large display screen with backlit
- Anti-lock braking system
- Works on most of 1996 and newer OBD II vehicles
- It reads and erases check engine light, ABS, and SRS codes
- Oil and battery reset feature gives a step-by-step reset procedure for several vehicles
- The patented all-in-one screen shows 25 crucial pieces of data French, English, and Spanish
- It is easy to handle due to its ergonomic and compact design
- It is compatible with 1996 and newer light trucks, cars, hybrids, and SUVs
Innova 3160g scan tool with a 3.5-inch display
This is another quality Innova 3160 diagnostic code reader. It comes with a colored LCD screen that is backlit for easy reading of outcomes. The Bluetooth connectivity makes using the device to be easy and quick. Use this gadget on 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles, both domestic and foreign. Some of its functions include live data graphing, oil light reset, battery reset and initialization, and charging system test.
- Large display screen
- Battery reset and initialization
- Streams and records live data
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Oil reset
- Reads and erases ABS and SRS codes
- It is compactly designed for easy use
- It allows you to easily reset oil light
- It reads and erases ABS and SRS error codes
- It is compatible with 1996 and newer OBD II cars, light trucks, hybrids, and SUVs
If you need the best obd2 scanner for the money then you should consider to buy Innova 3160g.
Differences between the Innova 3160 diagnostic code readers
To begin with, we shall compare the Innova 3160 code reader and the Innova 3160e scan tool. The 3160e scanner has the ability to perform a battery/alternator test, while the 3160 code reader can’t. Being an update of the 3160, the Innova 3160e has better features which can still be found in the Innova 3160 code reader.
Innova 3160 vs 3160e
What is the main difference between Innova 3160 and 3160e?
Among the above 3 Innova 3160 diagnostic scan tools, the Innova 3160g diagnostic car scanner is the most advanced, followed by the 3160, and finally the 3160e. But all of these code readers will provide you with accurate results in the shortest time possible. They are as well durably built and can perform various functions. Whether you are a newbie, expert or a DIY enthusiast, the Innova 3160 code reader will give you the results that you deserve. Use it on your new or old car, as long as it’s built from 1996 and newer.